III ÉPOCA. ERASMUS+ IPEP Jaén: MY FIRST TIME AT THE IPEP. DISCOVERING NEW WAYS OF TEACHING

MY FIRST TIME AT THE IPEP BLENDED LEARNING HIGH SCHOOL 

DISCOVERING NEW WAYS OF TEACHING


When I first came here, I realized that I didn’t know anything about distance teaching despite the fact that I followed, as a student, some so-called “blended” language studies at the Xauen Language School here in Jaén

Indeed, most times we had to work at home by using Moodle platform as compulsory software. However, it was so hard at the beginning to get used to this way of learning, as it displayed a sort of non-intuitive interface while being so different from the one I was used to work with as a teacher, Google Classroom . 

At the end, I made it to work properly on this platform and get my results. Now, as a teacher at the IPEP Jaén, the school year has begun and two weeks have already elapsed. Two weeks during which I have been feeling a bit lost! But now I think I master this kind of education and, with the additional help of management team, workmates and various stages that I hope to attend along this year, I consider myself ready to teach my students and encourage them not to leave this modality. 

Rethinking educational practices for adults, prison students and young offenders

Either as a student or as a teacher, If you are constant and ready to organize yourself, blended education or distant teaching/learning is a good option for people who don’t have enough time to move from a place (home, job) to another (high school) or who couldn’t achieve their studies in the past. That includes prison or juvenile centres inmates, of course, who are given a chance to get ahead in their life when they leave seclusion institutions.

https://www.unlockthelaw.co.uk/rights-of-prisoners-and-their-families.html


The question I have always wondered is:  how to achieve this goal? How to successfully work with this type of population? How do they do in other countries? That is why I would willingly join this project and contribute with everything I can within my humble abilities. 


Francisco de Asís PR

French Teacher.

IPEP Jaén

Spain.

Comentarios